Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Powerlines

Articles from the Hour of Power's monthly publication called, Powerlines. To see the PDF version or to view older issues you can visit the Powerlines archive.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shouting "Hallelujah" for a Life-Saving Legacy!

By Dr. Robert H. Schuller

The year 2010 celebrates the 60th Anniversary of Dr. Robert H. Schuller's ordination, the 60th anniversary of his marriage to his beloved Arvella, and the 40th Anniversary of the Hour of Power! In joy and thankfulness, we shout "Hallelujah!" It's very rare that a pastor continues his work into a sixth decade, so at this historic time in Dr. Schuller's life and ministry, PowerLines asked him: "Dr. Schuller, when you look back at 60 years as a pastor, a preacher and a minister, what do you see as your greatest achievement?" He answered: I don't remember exactly when it happened, but, after we went on TV in 1970, very early in our television history, we started receiving letters that said: "You saved my life."

Now, over the last 40 years, I've read it repeatedly- thousands of times. It's really quite a remarkable thing. I wondered how it was possible that so many people would tell us: "You saved my life."

I must say, when I graduated from seminary in 1950, if somebody would have told me then that my life of ministry would actually help save a single life, or even two lives, I think I would have been profoundly shocked to consider that God would use me to make that kind of impact on human lives. Now, 60 years later, after reading or hearing that sentence countless times from countless people, it is still truly amazing. It has to be a "God thing."

I say this because we've always preached the positive love of God. And it's God, alone, through Jesus Christ who has the power to save and redeem. I am humbled and exhilarated that God has used this ministry like an electrical power cord to transmit the positively charged and encouraging gospel of Jesus Christ. I have so often said, "All I did was show up for work every day." And, I truly believe it. Arvella and I came to work every day with a sincere desire in our hearts to share our faith in our living Lord with everyone we met.

"You saved my life"- this is the great legacy of our work for Jesus Christ from the Crystal Cathedral to the people of America and the world.