Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Powerlines

Articles from the Hour of Power's monthly publication called, Powerlines. To see the PDF version or to view older issues you can visit the Powerlines archive.



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You Are God's Dream!

By Dr. Robert H. Schuller


I really believe that God is before me, behind me, and around me. One thing I know—I never asked to be born. I did not choose my father or mother. I did not choose my race, the color of my skin, or the language that I learned as a child. I did not choose the community in which I was born and raised. I did not choose the school I attended from the first grade through high school.

I have become increasingly aware throughout my life of one sentence that God has whispered to me time and time again: "You have not chosen me... I have chosen YOU!"

I believe powerfully in God's sense of destiny for our lives. You are God's glorious idea. You are God's wondrous dream! What miracle will He perform with and through you and me TODAY and TOMORROW?

The poet Louise Fletcher once wrote, "I wish that there were some wonderful place called the Land of Beginning Again, where all our mistakes and all our heartaches and all of our grief could be dropped like a shabby old coat at the door and never put on again." Well, there is such a place. It is called NOW. In His mercy, God has granted each of us a new beginning at the dawn of each new day. When God is present within us, all things become new! Hallelujah!