Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Powerlines

Articles from the Hour of Power's monthly publication called, Powerlines. To see the PDF version or to view older issues you can visit the Powerlines archive.



Thursday, May 13, 2010

Be a "Power Pole," Sharing His Love With Others

By Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman


One night years ago during high school youth group, we discussed the high price Christ paid for us through death so we could live forever. Surrounded by friends, I came to the full realization-and bittersweet majesty-that Jesus had died for ME! If you or I had been the only person to believe in him, he would still have made the sacrifice so that you or I could live abundantly on earth and eternally in heaven.

Today, as I remember what he did for me and for you, I envision the cross as his "power pole" from which he emits the loving promise of eternal life straight into hearts that are open to believe. Have you made that link with Jesus? Have you allowed that promise to bond his heart to yours? If so, you may want to help others connect with Jesus in the same way.

It really isn't hard to share about Jesus. You don't need to moralize or coerce, but simply share with others a personal story about how Jesus touched your heart or changed your life, something similar to the story I shared about my revelation during youth group.

As you do, in many cases their curiosity will open the door for you to take the next step-to invite them to church or Bible study, or to pray with them as they accept Jesus into their lives.

The Psalmist speaks of his excitement about sharing with others the truth about God when he said, "Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds . . . I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come" (Psalm 71:17-18b, NIV).

Like the Psalmist, you can become a "power pole"-connected to the cross of Jesus on one end and to your friends and loved ones on the other end-as you share the stories of his "marvelous deeds," enabling them to accept a new and eternal life filled with his power through hope, grace and love . . . forever!