Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Powerlines

Articles from the Hour of Power's monthly publication called, Powerlines. To see the PDF version or to view older issues you can visit the Powerlines archive.



Monday, March 7, 2011

Lost? God Always Seeks! And Always Finds!

By Sheila Schuller Coleman

It was opening day for Little League. Jim had taken two of our sons, and I was supposed to meet him with the other two at the ballpark. As team mother, I was expected to head the snack shack that Saturday morning. So, after rounding up the myriad uniform pieces for three of our four sons, I dashed out of the house-late as usual.

It took some time for me to get the snack shack up and running, but eventually I had time to break away and see how my sons' opening games were going. I crossed the large expanse of park that housed six baseball fields, looking for my husband. Spotting him, I ran up to him and immediately noticed he didn't have
Nick, our four-year-old, with him.

"Where's Nicky?"

"Nicky? I don't have Nicky. You have Nicky."

"Me? No, I don't! You have him, don't you...?"

Suddenly, we looked at each other in horror as the realization of what we had done hit us. "He's home alone!"

Jim ran to the car. It would take him another fifteen minutes to get home. I
couldn't believe that we had made such a terrible mistake! When he drove into the garage, he saw Nick wandering around the backyard, his hands cupped to the windows. Locked out, he looked longingly into his house, muttering to himself, "I can't believe they left me home alone."

Jim swept him up into his arms. "I'm home, Nick! Are you all right?""Yes. I knew you'd come back for me."

When lost, do you KNOW that Jesus will come back and find you? Think how panicked we were as parents to realize we had left our 4-year-old son home alone for so long. How much more God cares about us when we have lost our way, lost our joy, lost our desire, lost our enthusiasm, lost our passion for our dreams, even lost our faith in Him-if even for a brief time.

Lost? KNOW God loves you as surely as Nicky knew we would come back for him! God always seeks! And He always finds! Lost? God Always Seeks! And Always Finds!